RIVERFEST PHOTO CONTEST
The 2022 Annual Riverfest Photography Contest is presented by Wichita Festivals, Inc. for the purpose of partnering with Wichita Riverfest attendees to produce an archive of photographic images to help promote future festivals and activities. An Official Contest of Riverfest 2022.
Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions
- The 2022 Riverfest Photography Contest is open to United States residents who are 18 years of age or older. (Entries from photographers 14-17 years of age are accepted with authorization and signed consent from parent or guardian.) No purchase is necessary to enter. Winners may be required to provide proof of residency and age.
- Registration is required prior to participation in the contest. Once registered, you must pick up your required contest lanyard at Wichita Festivals offices (444 E. William), M-F 9am-5pm. Your lanyard does not give any type of special media or press access or allow backstage access. Your lanyard must be worn while shooting to identify yourself as a participant in the contest. REGISTER HERE
- Photographs must be taken at the 2022 Riverfest between June 3, 2022 and June 11, 2022.
- The contest will run between June 3, 2022 and June 24, 2022. All entries must be submitted to by June 24, 2022 at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
- A Google account is required in order to submit photos. Submission of photos constitutes acceptance of contest rules. Only entries with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered eligible.
- Photographers may enter up to five (5) photographs per category #1 through #8. File names are limited to standard imaging numbers with no other characters other than the file extension (i.e. jpg) to protect anonymity. TIFF/RAW/PNG file formats are not acceptable for entries. Up to 10mb files are available to upload.
- Photographs to be submitted via Google Form file upload in digital format. All photographs must be in sharp focus. Submission link will be provided via email after you pick up your contest lanyard.
- Digital photographs must be submitted in JPG/JPEG format.
- No e-mail submissions will be accepted. You must submit photos via the 2022 Riverfest Photo Contest Google Form. Submission link will be provided via email after you pick up your contest lanyard.
- Digital manipulations (see note below) will be disqualified. Do not add borders or text of any kind to images. NO copyright marks, logos or photographer names should appear on any image.
- All entries become the property of WFI and will not be returned to the entrant.
** NOTE: Cropping for best composition, sharpening, dust-spotting, color corrections, dodging and burning are acceptable manipulations for digital images. NO artificial blurring or blending of images should be performed.
- Damaged photographs will not be accepted. This includes digital images that have been damaged by inappropriate manipulation, including the use of progressive compression on jpg files as well as other file handling errors that compromise image quality. All images should be saved at the highest possible quality with no compression. Digital images must not include any copyright text or digital watermarks. Camera-imprinted dates or other text may result in disqualification of the photograph.
- Wichita Festivals, Inc. or their agents or assigns are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed, or misdirected entries, or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Photographer grants unlimited, non-exclusive use license to Wichita Festivals, Inc. WFI reserves the right to use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means in the promotion of Riverfest and other event-related activities.
- Prizes will be awarded only for entries that are deemed worthy by the contest judges. If no acceptable entries are received in any category, the prize for that category may not be awarded. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Any and all taxes and other additional expenses associated with the awarded prizes are the responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to submit applicable tax forms before prize money is paid.
- Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by state or local laws.
- Employees and family members of Wichita Festivals, Inc. and are prohibited from participation in this contest.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrant grants Wichita Festivals, Inc. the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print or any other media format, in connection with the photography contest.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless WFI, as well as any directors, officers, or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, WFI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
- Entry into the photography contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the contest.
- A First Friday reception and exhibition of the winning photographs will be held August 5th, 2022. Location to be determined. Contest prizes will be awarded at the event.