RIVERFEST PHOTO CONTEST
Tips for Success
* Make sure your shots are in focus.
* Give us a wide shot. We want cropping options.
* Submit only shots from the festival. (June 3-June 11, 2022)
* Make sure subjects are clothed. (Shirts, too!)
* Avoid photos of people in fountains or on public artwork.
* Check for distracting elements in the background, such as full trash cans, that might draw attention from your subject.
What we are looking for:
* Photos and video that tell the story of Riverfest and its events.
* Sponsor representation (signs, logoed shirts and such), when appropriate.
* People wearing their buttons and having great time.
* A variety of viewpoints: a) your own artistic viewpoint AND different approaches such as close-ups, crowd shots and so on.
* Photos that capture the diversity of our events and attendees.
* Pick up your required contest lanyard, prior to participation in the contest, at Wichita Festivals (444 E. William), M-F 9am-5pm. Your lanyard does not give any type of special media or press access or allow backstage access. Your lanyard must be worn while shooting to identify yourself as a participant in the contest.
* Photo permission is granted by attendees when they enter the festival, but please be polite and unobtrusive. If an attendee asks you not to photograph them, please comply.
GOOD LUCK! WE’LL SEE YOU AT THE FESTIVAL!