Wichita Festivals, Inc. COVID-19 Protocols
As of Sept. 3, 2021
By entering any Wichita Festivals event (such as Riverfest or Autumn & Art) or venue, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all health-and-safety requirements as provided below.
While we believe vaccinations allow us to do what we are meant to do -- bring the community together in celebrations, we understand that not all attendees will be vaccinated. Wichita Festivals, Inc. staff is 100% vaccinated and volunteers are encouraged to be vaccinated.
We ask that all unvaccinated individuals, including children 2 years old and older, wear a mask while attending Riverfest and our other events. If you are sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. If you or someone you have been in close contact with has been diagnosed or shown symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to an event, please stay home.
To protect our patrons and volunteers, WFI is following all COVID-19 health and safety protocols, guidelines, and recommendations from Sedgwick County, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and the CDC. We will continue to update and revise our protocols to reflect the most current safety standards. Due to the nature of events and the spread of variants, COVID-19 restrictions can change rapidly. Please download our mobile app to receive the updates and announcements.
While currently there are no restrictions on social distancing or crowd capacities for outdoor events, we will be monitoring conditions closely and working with local health officials to determine whether to implement capacity limitations. While the nature of events is to create large capacity crowds, we ask that attendees respect and abide by any restriction of movement or reduction in capacities which may be implemented at any event or venue. Guests are expected to comply with all WFI rules and regulations, as well as any safety guidelines of our venue partners, and to act responsibly at all times.
• Unvaccinated attendees are asked to wear a mask at all Riverfest and other WFI events.
• We urge vaccinated attendees to wear a mask in crowded areas.
• For indoor events, masks are encouraged.
• Social distancing is strongly encouraged at both outdoor and indoor event venues.
• Hand sanitizers will be available at several locations across the festival grounds.
• Hands-free refilling stations for water bottles will be available and sanitized regularly.
• Ticket booths, counters and tables will be sanitized regularly.
• The merchandise tent will have masks on hand and will accept cashless payment options.
Guests who cannot or will not conform to all of the above criteria must not enter an event venue. If at any point a guest does not meet all of the above criteria, they and their party may be asked to leave the venue.