Riverfest Street Closings
Riverfest 2018 Street Closings
9-day Food Court CII Drive
5/12 at 9:00 am - 6/11 at 11:00 pm
1. Century II Dr. between Douglas & S. Main St.
2. Tlanepantla St between Main & Cancun.
3. Cancun St. between Cientury II Dr. & English.
6/2 at 12:00 am - 6/4 at 2:00 am
1. Douglas between Water & Main St.
2. Water between Douglas & 1st St.
June 1, 8, 9: 7:00am – 10:30pm
1.McLean southbound lanes between 1st & Douglas.
June 2-June 7: 7:00am-10:30pm
1. McLean southbound lanes between Douglas & Maple
Kennedy Plaza Event Space
2 northern most westbound lanes on Douglas from 12am on 5/28 to 5/31 at 12am
5/31 at 12:00 am - 6/11 at 11:00 pm
1. Douglas between Waco & Water St.
2. N. Civic Center Place at Douglas.
3. Willis Coroon Dr. at Douglas.
WaterWalk Event Area
5/15 at 9:00 am - 6/13 at 11:00 pm
1. S Wichita St between Lewis St &the Hyatt Driveway
2. S Water St between W Waterman St & W Dewey St
3. Waterwalk Plc/W Lewis St. between S Wichita St & S Water St
6/1 at 9:00 am to 6/3 12:00 am
6/2 at 2am to 6/3 at 12:00 pm
6/7 at 12:00 am to 6/8 at 11:00 pm
6/9 at 9:00 am to 6/11 12:00 am
1. Waterman/Maple/Lewis St (including Lewis St Bridge) between S McLean Blvd & S Wichita
2. S Wichita St between Waterman & W. Dewey St.
STEAM City/Main St.
6/2 at 10:00 pm - 6/4 at 3:00 am
1. Main between Douglas & English St.
Fireworks - Opening & Closing Night Fireworks Locations
Viewing along the Arkansas River from Lewis to 1st St
6/1 at 12:00 AM to 6/2 at 2:00 am
6/8 at 12:00 AM to 6/10 at 2am
1. McLean between Douglas & Maple.
2. Douglas between McLean & Waco.
3. Maple/Waterman between McLean & Wichita St.
4. Wichita St. between Waterman & Dewey.
Kansas Health Foundation River Run
6/2 at 2:00 am to 6/2 at 12:00 pm
1. Mclean between Lincoln & Meridian/Amidon
2. Waterman between McLean & Wichita St.
3. S. Wichita St between Waterman & W. Dewey St.
4. Douglas between Sycamore & Waco.
5. 1st/2nd St. between Osage & Waco
6. Waco between 1st & Douglas.
7. Seneca between 2nd St. & Museum Blvd.
8. Central between Nims & Museum Blvd.
9. Museum Blvd. between Central/Seneca & Sim Park Dr.
10. Sim Park Dr. between Stackman & W. Murdock St.
11. W. Murdock St. between Sim Park Dr. & Amidon St.
Downtown Parade Route
Start: Central and Main; south on Main to Douglas; west on Douglas to Waco; north on Waco to 3rd St N. Staging on Main, north of Central to 11th St N between Water & Market. See street closure/ barricade map for specifics.
June 1, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
1. Main from Central to 11th
2. Elm from Water to Market
3. Pine from Wichita to Market
4. Wichita from Murdock to Central
5. Wichita from Murdock to 8th St. (both ends)
6. Water from Murdock to Elm
7. 8th from Water to Market
8. 9th from Water to Market
9. 10th from Water to Market
Central stays open for cross traffic for as long as practical.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
1. Main from Central to English
2. 2nd from Market to Waco
3. 1st from McLean to Main
4. Waco from Douglas to Central
5. 3rd from Riverview to Market
6. Central from Market to Nims
7. Greenway from Central to Waco
8. Douglas from McLean to Market
9. William from Market to Main
10. Murdock form Waco to Market
11. Water form Douglas to 3rd
Note: Any traffic exiting the Core Area or to/from the Broadview Hotel, CII personnel and Hyatt Service will access via Doguals from McLean.
Note: Northwest portion of 1st and McLean intersection remains open for traffic.
WPD ultimately controls the actual times of street closings and openings.
KAKE Touch a Truck
6/7 at 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
1. Waterman (including Lewis St. Bridge) between McClean & Hyatt Driveway
2. Wichita between Waterman & Dewey
3. Water between Waterman & Dewey
4. Lewis St. between Wichita & Water
Riverfest Rowing Stake Race
6/9 at 9:00 am to 6/9 at 5:00 pm
1. Nims St. bridge